Surp Pırgiç Ermeni Hastanesi

Surp Pırgiç Ermeni Hastanesi

Sultan İkinci Mahmud’un verdiği izinle yapılan hastane önce ahşap olarak inşa edilmiştir. İçinde kilisesi de vardır. Yapının mimarları Amira Balyan ve Hovannes Amira Serveryan’dır. 31 Mayıs 1834’te Hampartsum günü gerçekleşen hastanenin açılışını Patrik Der Stepanos Ağavni Sırpazan yapar. Hastane bünyesinde kurulan imalathanede üretilen mumlar, Kudüs başta olmak üzere bütün Ermeni kiliselerine gönderilmekteydi. Hastane bünyesinde zamanla ihtiyarhane, asabiye, tımarhane, kız ve erkek yetimhanesi, ruhani eğitim veren birimler oluşturulmuştur. Bu yönüyle Türkiye Ermenileri için apayrı bir konumda yer almaktadır. Hastane, mimar Kevork Aslanyan'ın projesiyle 3 bölümden oluşan bir yapı olarak 1906’da yenilendi. Bu üç bölüm kendi özgün yapı stilleri ile daha eski diğer iki yapıdan ayırt edilmektedir.

Surp Pirgiç Armenian Hospital

The original hospital, which was built with the permission of Sultan Mahmud II, was built of wood. There is also a church inside. The architects of the building were Amira Balyan and Hovannes Amira Serveryan. The inauguration of the hospital took place on May 31, 1834 on the day of Hampartsum; it was opened by the Patriarch Der Stepanos Ağavni Sırpazan. The candles produced in the factory established within the hospital used to be sent to all Armenian churches, especially the ones in Jerusalem. In the course of time, old people's home, neurology department, mental house, orphanages for boys and girls, and spiritual education unit were formed within the hospital buildings. The hospital is more than a hospital for the Armenians in Turkey. The hospital was renovated in 1906 as a three-part structure with the project of Architect Kevork Aslanyan. These three sections are distinguished from the two older structures by their original building styles.