Seyyid Nizam Türbesi ve Camii

Seyyid Nizam Türbesi ve Camii

Tekkenin kurucusu, Yavuz Sultan Selim döneminde Bağdat’tan gelerek İstanbul’a yerleşen, ulemadan ve Nakşibendiyye tarikatı şeylerinden Seyyid Nizameddin Efendi’dir. ‘Seyyid’ unvanı Peygamber Efendimizin soyundan geldiğine işaret eder. Seyyid Nizam 1550 yılında, 63 yaşında vefat etmiş, cenaze namazı Fatih Camii’nde dönemin ileri gelen sûfîlerinden Merkez Efendi tarafından kıldırılmış ve türbesine defnedilmiştir. Türbede kendisi hariç oğlu ile tarikatın önde gelen şahsiyetlerin de kabirleri vardır. Tekke, 1872’de Osmanlı Hareminden Ebrunigar Kalfa tarafından yeniden inşa ettirilmiştir. Cumhuriyet döneminde tekkelerin kapatılmasından sonra cami olarak kullanılmaya başlanmıştır. 2013-2014 yıllarında Zeytinburnu Belediyesi tarafından türbe ve çevresi yenilenmiş, yeni bir cami inşa edilmiştir. Caminin mimarı Aydın Yüksel’dir.

Seyyid Nizam Tomb And Mosque

The founder of the Tekke (Dervish Lodge) was Seyyid Nizameddin Efendi, who came from Baghdad and settled in Istanbul during the reign of Yavuz Sultan Selim, and who was a scholar and one of the sheikhs of Naqshbandi Order. ‘Seyyid’ title refers that he is a descendant of the Prophet Muhammad. He died in 1550 at the age of 63. His funeral prayer was led by Merkez Efendi, one of the notable sufis of that period, in Fatih Mosque and he was buried in his tomb. Along with his grave, the grave of his son and the graves of the leading figures of the Order are in his tomb. The Tekke was rebuilt in 1872 by Ebrunigar Kalfa of the Ottoman Harem. After the shut-down of the tekkes in the Republican period, it began to be used as a mosque. The tomb and the area around it were renovated and a new mosque was built in 2013-2014 restorationcarried out by Zeytinburnu Municipality. The architect of mosque is Aydın Yüksel.